Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Snowy Yosemite Spring

The month of May has flown by so fast in the Valley! Rest of the world- are you still out there beyond these granite walls?


I have always loved Yosemite, from my first visit in the summer of 2007 when I scrambled up barefoot to the foot of the Nose in over 100 degree heat; to a year later in 2008 when I climbed it and spent almost two months here; to biannual spring and fall vacation climbing trips ever since. I still plan to travel and explore the next few years but I can feel already that this will be my new home.


I spent May working as a visitor information volunteer for the Yosemite Conservancy. I went from working in a pinstripe suit and heels at 50 Rockefeller in NYC to jeans and sandals in a yurt in Yosemite, and I couldn't be happier!! Now I wake up every morning to views of Royal Arches, Washington Column, and Half Dome outside my tent and sounds of the Merced River flowing by.


Its been a snowy spring here and I've spent more time on (or trying not to fall off of) my bike (key to getting around the Valley) than on the rock, but I'm still getting schooled on Yosemite granite.



And a few bonus pics:

From desk jockey and jet-setter...





....to rock pirate and NPS volunteer!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely Yosemite huh?
    J'espère que tout se passe bien et que ta nouvelle vie te rend heureuse! Si tu passes en Europe, let me know :-)

    Rainy bises de London,
    Take care,
    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos from your previous life!!

    ReplyDelete